The Ecology, Conservation, and Environment Center (ECEC)
In 2008, the Kunming Institute of Zoology and the University of East Anglia signed a memorandum of understanding to establish jointly the Ecology, Environment, and Conservation Center (ECEC). Douglas Yu is its first director, and has been seconded from the University of East Anglia. The center began operations in March 2009.
The objectives of the ECEC are to:
1) Conduct international-quality research in ecology and conservation biology.
2) Train Chinese and foreign scientists at the PhD and postdoctoral levels and recruit more Principal Investigators to joint the ECEC.
3) Promote and coordinate international scientific collaborations and attract international funding.
4) Provide information necessary for environmental policy-making.
5) Lead the development of ecology and conservation science in Southeast Asia.
The State Key Laboratory of Genetic Resources and Evolution (The ECEC sits within this)
The Department of Systematic Zoology
The Dianchi Lake Restoration Project
Prof. ZHANG Ya-Ping’s research group on molecular evolution
Prof. WANG Wen’s Max Planck junior research group on genome evolution
Prof. SU Bing’s research group on genome evolution (see also here)